Zinc Tally: An in House Test Included In Initial Consultations
Are you and your family getting enough zinc in your diet?
Zinc levels can be assessed by a simple taste receptivity test. Zinc is an essential mineral for hormone regulation, sperm production, digestive function, serotonin production and DNA replication. It is vital for immune function and down regulation of histamine involved in auto immune reactions .
It is a common deficiency in Australia and correlates with low sperm counts in men.
Soils Aint Soils
In Western Australia we live on soil produced from limestone bedrock or old coral. This is why it looks like sand compared to areas where there has been rich biodegradation over millennia together with volcanic activity.
Zinc deficiency is integral to many health issues plaguing us in this state. This is why testing for zinc is an integral part of your consultation process.
Your practitioner will work with you to develop a dietary and lifestyle plan to improve your health.
Zinc will invariably form a part of that program.
The Role of Zinc in the Body
Zinc is an essential trace element and has a number of roles and functions in the human body.
- It is an essential component/cofactor for more than 300 enzymes involved in the synthesis and metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, nucleic acids and other micro-nutrients.
- It stabilises cellular components and membranes and so is important for cell and organ structure and integrity.
- It is essential for cell division and is needed for normal growth and development during pregnancy, childhood and adolescence.
- It is involved in DNA synthesis and the process of genetic expression.
- It is important for immune function (both cellular and humoral immunity).
- It is involved in wound healing and tissue repair.
- It is needed for the senses of taste and smell.
Join our community!
Receive amazing articles on how natural medicine can help you.
Book Your 100, 200, or 400 Point Health Check Today!
Can’t Work Out What Tests You Need?
Book a free 5 minute consultation with a practitioner